The GreatBig Roof Giveaway 2019 OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the “The Great Big Roof Giveaway 2019” (the “sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents of the City of Cleveland, Ohio and the following counties: Cuyahoga, OH; Geauga, OH; Lake, OH; Lorain, OH; Medina, OH; Portage, OH; Summit, OH; who are 18 years or older and an owner (legally titled) of a single family residential home at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of Absolute Roofing and Construction, Inc.; (“Sponsor”), Owens-Corning; (“Sponsor”), SRS Distribution; (“Sponsor”), Nari of Greater Cleveland; (“Sponsor”),each of their respective affiliated companies; and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The sweepstakes will begin at 12:01 a.m. (E.T.) on Sunday, January 6th, 2019 and end at 12:59 p.m. (E.T.) on Sunday, January 20th, 2019 (the “sweepstakes Period”).
Online Entry. Enter by visiting https://absoluteroofing.com and clicking on The Great Big Roof Giveaway 2019 logo to enter the entry portal page, completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “Entry” button. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer may need to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry.
The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. Sponsor(s) will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor(s) and none will be returned. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor(s) or those directed by Sponsor(s). You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sponsor’s website or in any email received from Sponsor(s).
Entries limited to only one entry per person during the contest Period. All entries must be received by 12:59 p.m. (E.T.) on Sunday, January 20th, 2019.
4. Winner Selection. There will be a total of one (1) winner in the “sweepstakes”. One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to be held on or about 2:00 p.m. Sunday January 20th, 2019 on the main stage at the NARI Home Improvement Show.
Prize drawing is scheduled to occur on January 20th, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. on the main stage at the 2019 NARI Home Improvement show at the I-X Center located at 1 I-X Center Dive, Cleveland, Ohio 44135. Winner need not be present at the main stage at the time of the drawing to claim prize.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) voucher towards $15,000.00 in residential shingle roof replacement from Absolute Roofing (ARV: $15,000). Shingle type is Owens-Corning Duration Color of shingles to be installed must be chosen from standard Owens-Corning Duration available in-stock colors. No special order shingles included. Must be redeemed by August 31st, 2019 with work to be completed by October 31st, 2019. Single family residential house shingle and garage shingle roofs only. Commercial structures are not eligible. Prize(s) are non-transferable. Prize has no cash value. If winner declines prize there is no cash value given, offered or replacement/substitute prize implied or promised.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about Wednesday January 30th, 2019 at the phone number, address and /or email address provided on winner’s entry form. Each winner must respond to the notification within 24 hours. Return of email prize notification as undeliverable or failure of winner to respond to notification within such time period may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize voucher, each winner must personally visit Absolute Roofing and Construction, Inc. offices at 12301 Sprecher Ave. Cleveland, OH 44135 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. (E.T.) and 5:00 p.m. (E.T.) weekdays within 10 days of notification. Valid photo identification will be required by Sponsor(s) in each case. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize are subject to availability and Sponsor(s) reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor(s). Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor(s). Winner must claim their prize(s) within thirty (30) day of the date won or the prize(s) is forfeited.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor(s). Sponsor(s) reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this contest as solely determined by Sponsor(s). In the event the contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor(s) which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, Sponsor(s) reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the sweepstakes. Should the contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor(s) reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor(s) will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s). In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor(s) at its sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest. By participating in this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor(s) and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the contest, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant’s participation in the contest, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the contest or any prize. This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor(s). The Great Big Roof Giveaway 2019 is sponsored by Absolute Roofing and Construction, Inc, Owens-Corning-SRS Distribution and The NARI Home Improvement Show. The decisions of Sponsor(s) regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor(s) will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability. By participating in the sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor(s), the Administrator, their respective parents, employees, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, sales representatives, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an Entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the sweepstakes; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this sweepstakes. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
By accepting the Grand Prize, the Winner agrees to release the Released Parties from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by entering the promotion or for damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of prize awarded. All other expenses, including, but not limited to taxes, not specifically mentioned herein are the responsibility of the Winner.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE.
By participating, Entrants release and agree to hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, death or losses or damages to persons or property AS WELL AS CLAIMS/ACTIONS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY that may arise from participating in this sweepstakes or its related activities or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of, or any harm resulting from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize. Winner also acknowledges that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize.
11. Disputes. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants, Administrator, and Sponsor(s) in connection with the sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s or jurisdiction’s laws. By participating in the sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any judicial proceeding shall take place in state or municipal court within the State of Ohio; (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this sweepstakes, but in no event will attorney fees be awarded or recoverable; (iv) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, exemplary, consequential, special damages, lost profits, other damages, and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (v) Entrant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and he/she waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
12. Severability. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.
13. Miscellaneous. These Official Rules contain the full and complete understanding with respect to the sweepstakes and supersede all prior and contemporaneous agreements, representations and understandings, whether oral or written. The headings herein are for convenience only, do not constitute a part of these Official Rules, and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof. No amendment to, or waiver of, any provision of these Official Rules shall be effective unless in writing and signed by both Sponsor(s) and Administrator. The waiver by Sponsor or Administrator of any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any other provision herein. The rights and obligations hereunder may not be assigned by Entrant, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of Sponsor, and any attempted assignment in violation of the foregoing shall be null and void. These Official Rules shall be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of, the permitted successors and assigns of Sponsor(s), Administrator, and Entrant.
14. Winners List /Official Rules Request. For a list of winners (available January 30th, 2010) or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by February 15th, 2019 to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), The Great Big Roof Giveaway 2019 to 12301 Sprecher Ave.. Cleveland, OH 44135. If you have any questions regarding this sweepstakes, please contact Absolute Roofing and Construction, Inc. 216-898-1563, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Response to questions may take up to 96 hours from receipt.